The Defence Communication Division is located in Asker, Norway and design and manufactures high quality ruggedized equipment to be used in advanced tactical communications systems.
- KONGSBERG designs and manufactures high quality ruggedized equipment to be used in advanced tactical communication systems.
- KONGSBERG supports state-of-the-art IP as well as legacy systems.
- KONGSBERG supplies trunked network solutions on Brigade/Battalion level as well as mobile radio solutions.
- KONGSBERG tactical communication solutions are found in more than 30 countries and have been available for over 40 years.
- KONGSBERG tactical communication solutions are known by the following factors: Easy of operation, fully ruggedized and advanced technology.
- KONGSBERG has a commitment to deliver systems that do-the-job.
KONGSBERG delivers products within these areas:
K-TaCS On-The-Move is our suite of products supporting military units on the move with robust, secure and reliable radio communication, both in the VHF and in the UHF band.
K-TaCS Mobile is a suite of solutions ideal for mobile, military communication systems. The Mobile suite consists of tactical point-to-point and point-to-multipoint radio links, IP router and media gateway, switches as well as a variety of accessories and auxiliary equipment.
Typical applications for K-TaCS are:
- Combat Net Radio (CNR) systems
- Air Defence Systems
- Wide Area Networks for Army
- C4I networks