Odin Fire support system
Digital Fire Support for the Modern Warfighter
KONGSBERG presents a fielded and proven Odin FSS configuration which significantly improves the operational capabilities of any artillery or mortar unit. Odin FSS supports multiple fire missions on different weapons platforms simultaneously. The system has an intuitive user interface that addresses all roles from sensor to shooter in a single system.
Odin FSS is a fire support / fire control system fielded in Norway, and includes functionality for all levels of fire support chain of command, from sensor to shooter. It is built upon NATO standards and symbology such as AArty-P artillery procedures, STANAG 4082 (METCM), STANAG 6022 (METGM) and STANAG 4537 (NATO Armament Ballistic Kernel). Odin FSS can utilize any IP based communication solution, which is designed especially for use of tactical low-band radios with a communication solution tailor made for very challenging terrain.
Illustration of the planned attack. Photo: KONGSBERG
Odin FSS enables automatic utilization of connected radios (or other means of communication) and build up an understanding of the network topology. Odin FSS employs network resilient strategies to ensure vital communication between all Odin FSS users.
- NATO Armaments Ballistic Kernel
- ASCA Compliant Fire Support system
- Link 16 Compliant Fire Support system
- Variable Message Format
- AArtyP - Artillery procedures
- METGM/METCM meteorological data.
- Full chain of command from Sensor to Shooter
- In use by the Norwegian Army
- Optimized use of all types of heavy fires resources
- Avoid fratricide incidents during operations
- Plan fire support operations
- Improved safety during peacetime exercises
- Engage high value targets according to priority
- Engage several targets simultaneously
- Reduced engagement time for all types of fire missions
- Provides enhanced fire support from multiple weapon platforms from one common system
- Optimized use of sensors, weapon platforms and communication systems