SEARCH- AND RESCUE TRANSPONDERS
KONGSBERG is the European prime supplier of MEO and GEO Search and Rescue Transponder supplier to programs like Meteosat Second Generation (4 units) and Third generations (4 units) and the European Navigation system Galileo (34 units).
KONGSBERG's Search and Rescue Transponders have contributed in multiple rescue operations, saving lives of seafarers.
- 406.05 MHz input w. LNA
- Selectable bandwidth, 50 or 90 kHz, or fixed 90kHz
- 1544-1545 MHz 5W output, compatible with MEOLUT or GEOLUT
- Internal (typical GEO) or external (typical MEO/Navigation) reference frequency
- 4 in orbit on Meteosat 8, 9, 10 and 11
- 4 MTG delivered for launch
- 22 Galileo in Orbit
- 12 Galileo in manufacturing or delivered for launch