ELEKTRA – DRIVE ELECTRONICS
KONGSBERG drive electronics – ELEKTRA – can control up to two mechanisms simultaneously and independently
ELEKTRA is a fully integrated two axis drive electronics unit developed by KONGSBERG to command the angular speed and position based on commands from the Spacecraft.< br >
ELEKTRA can control up to two mechanisms simultaneously and independently. Motion can be commanded by a specific number of steps or as constant speed. Powered Hold-mode is also supported. Power, position, speed, acceleration and step-mode (micro-step, full-step) are configurable via tele commands in all modes.
The first generation of ELEKTRA was delivered in the Sentinel 1 program, and has been functioning nominally in-orbit since 2014.
- Constant power control
- Full Cold Redundancy
- Full protection against over-voltage, under-voltage and short circuit
- Configurable Power/Speed/Acceleration
- Full step to 128 micro-step
- High-resolution speed command
- High-resolution position readout
- Mechanical end stop switch acquisition
- Programmable acceleration
- Low EMC emissions