Remote control system for waterjets
- Single installation
- Twin installation
- Twin + booster installation
- Quad installation
Control station configurations
- Main station with 2 touch screens
- Station 2 - 4 with 1 touch screen each
- 2 Control levers for speed/steering per station (common command with 1 lever possible)
- 1 or 2 steering tillers/wheels per station
- Independent backup control at main station
- Joystick (one handle control of all jets and tunnel thrusters), XYZ or Polar, at all stations (optional)
- Portable joystick (XYZ) at stations 2 – 4 (optional)
For extra redundancy, the following hardwired control panels are available
- Independent backup control at stations 2 – 4 (optional)
- Clutch control panel (optional)
FEATURES and Benefits
- Flexible system architecture allows custom solutions
- Simple or complex system configurations available
- Addition of stations or functions can be done easily, even at a later stage
- Modular CAN-BUS design, with plug-in control devices and touch screens
- Factory calibrated components with minimal startup requirement
- Less wiring thanks to CAN communication
- Yard cabling with connectors between units provides fast connection of the system (optional)
For operators and owners
- Full redundancy in controls for waterjet propulsion lines
- Increased reliability due to “firewalls”
- Enhanced intuitive and easy to use MMI
- Fully separated Backup system
Touch screen 10.4”
- Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Visual indication of waterjets actual behavior
- Selection of manoeuvring modes
- Selection of control station
- Clutch control
- Integrated booster jet control
- Failure list with logging of all control functions
- Basic settings and adjustments
- Selection of joystick modes (optional)
- Auto positioning (optional)
The joystick system provides a convenient “one handle control” for manoeuvring the ship. Using the joystick the operator can steer, control the thrust, change heading, move sideways, and rotate, by means of a single control lever.
Auto positioning (optional)
Added functionality (mode) to existing waterjet joystick for automatic position keeping.
Auto positioning allows the vessel to stay within a certain position, utilising the propulsion at hand, based on signals from GPS, wind sensor and Gyro.
The current position is stored and will be maintained.
The system will compensate for wind and currents working to maintain position and heading.
The position can also be fine adjusted in the touch screen.
Head to wind
The set course will follow the direction of the wind keeping head to wind.
Economic power mode
The system responsiveness will decrease to save fuel and reduce load on propulsion units.
Following alarms are available, depending on waterjet setup, from waterjet to an alarm system or a separate optional alarm panel:
- Control failure (including power supply)
- Back-up control failure (including power supply)
- Hydraulic Low oil pressure
- Hydraulic High oil temperature
- Hydraulic Low oil level
- Bearing Low oil level
- Bearing High oil temperature
Standard interfaces includes:
- Main engine
- Gearbox clutch
- Voyage data recorder RS-422 NMEA 0183
- Bow thruster
- DP (optional)