Promas Lite is a solution for upgrading and improve propulsion systems on existing vessels. The system has substantial potential for energy savings.
The superior retrofit upgrade
PROMAS Lite has substantial potential for energy savings. The savings range is from 4 - 20%, depending on the object and its operational profile. The PROMAS Lite is customised for the individual vessel and the shipping route to meet various ship profile challenges.
PROMAS Lite is considered an energy-efficient solution that is robust and reliable by harmonising and combining the components into one system. Furthermore, the positive effects can be proven by extensive reference lists of various ship types and customers.
The system consists of a rebladed propeller, costa bulb and hub cap. The integrated PROMAS Lite is designed as one unit for creating the transition of water streamlined. In other words, the system is optimised for hydrodynamic characteristics. The design of PROMAS Lite enables improved propulsive efficiency that results in saved fuel. Generally, the efficiency gain is 3-5% for adopting the PROMAS Lite concept, and if combined with conventional reblading, additional benefits of fuel savings is possible up to 20%.
The system is equipped with an optimized bulb which gives additional positive effects. The bulb optimises the hydrodynamic properties by reducing the creation of vortices, hub drag and improves the flow that allow for a more efficient propeller design. This is making the system more efficient in propulsion thrust and consumes lesser energy. It is also possible to shorten the length of the hub cap to suit the manufacturing processes of the shipyard.
Kongsberg Maritime has taken a natural step in research and development to meet increasingly strict regulations for the operation of marine devices. Additionally, our research centre and personnel ambitiously focus on essential research and developments for our customers. Specifically, we have noticed growing expectations in energy efficiency, quality and environmentally friendlier solutions. The PROMAS Lite is the latest development of propulsion systems for updating existing systems to meet these demands.
- Hydrodynamically integrated design of the PROMAS Lite concept to optimise the propulsive efficiency
- Rebladed propeller for the operational profile and the characteristics of the ship
- The combination of the reblading and PROMAS effect increases fuel efficiency and lower energy consumption
- Rudder Bulb optimised for the PROMAS Lite integration
- Reduced fuel consumption and potential savings up to 20%
- Short payback period
- Environmentally friendly propulsive solution
- Easier to comply with new regulations
- Compact and robust design
- Designed to simplify and save time during installation
- Possibility to reduce noise and vibrations
- Reference lists available for CPP, FPP and FBP installations
- 24/7 Service and support
Services and support
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
Conversions, retrofit and refit
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.