Dual Drag Link crane (Subsea)
Providing unique lifting performance, the Dual Draglink Crane has increased cover area of full load, outstanding max load lifting height enabling long and wide arrangements. The crane is designed to handle both steel wire and fibre rope.
A range of offshore cranes up to 400 tonnes load using field proven fibre rope handling technology is now launched. The cranes are fully integrated with our deck machinery handling and control systems and offer unparalleled performance as well as reliability and comfort. Through our cable traction control technology using fibre rope, our cranes can operate at virtually unlimited depths. Because the selected rope has neutral buoyancy, the crane can handle loads to its full rated capacity down to its maximum water depth. Cranes using heavy steel wire must begin derating at depths more than about 700m, so by 2,500m a 400t wire crane can only handle the same load as a 250t FRC.
The dual draglink crane can handle both fibre rope and steel wire and has a geometry providing unique lifting performance. The drag link geometry provides a good working height and allows for short radius operations to make use of the deck area near the pedestal. The horizontal boom provides active heave compensation (AHC), significantly increasing the life time of the lifting line compared to when AHC is performed by means of the winch. Our rope management system monitors rope condition enabling abraded or damaged sections to be easily repaired by splicing onboard.
- Field proven CTCU technology for fibre rope handling
- Innovative crane structure – increased lifting height
- High-end control system
- Active heave compensation
- Constant tension, with auto landing and auto lift-off mode
- Pull limit and controlled emergency pay-out function
- State-of-the-art operator cabin
- High quality – low maintenance, robust and field proven technology
- Cost efficient logistics for rope replacement
- In-field splicing of rope
- Easy inspection of rope
- Rope management system – full wear traceability
- DNV GL certification – others upon request
- Auxiliary winch
- Personnel lifting
- Tugger winches
- Remote access
- Anti-collision system
- Heavy lift double fall arrangement
- Health monitoring