Unified bridge control
Within arm's reach. Our Unified Bridge is the human-machine interface of a broader and deep integration of ship systems and offers the operator performance, simplicity and safety with proximity.
The role of Unified Bridge is to provide the operator with a functional and easily used human-machine interface with ergonomically placed control levers, touch screens by which systems can be called up and controlled, and logically presented information on system status.
The goal is to lower the operator’s cognitive load and make the workflow more efficient. In safety-critical situations a lower cognitive load will require less attention on how to operate the system and enable more focus on the actual operation, hence increasing the operational safety. This reduces the risk of environmental consequences of possible accidents causing damage to crew, vessel or installations.
The bridge itself is built up from a series of modular consoles with controls and screens, the layout of which is designed to suit various types of vessels. Its design is based on results from a continuing human factors research project which has involved observation studies and data collection from vessels in service, to establish what ships’ crews actually need for safe and effective ship operation, and how best to present information without cognitive overload. The research work has also included testing experimental layouts to evaluate the cognitive loads on dynamic positioning (DP) operators.
- Holistic user experience
- Proximity to monitoring and controls
- Consoles, levers and chairs are ergonomically developed
- Software application interfaces are consistent and well- designed
- Unified alert handling from one location
- Unified dimming of lights from one location
- Variation of work position, seated or standing
- Improved view of the aft deck for PSV and AHTS to support safer operations
- Integration of auxiliary equipment (wipers, lanterns etc.) for control from one location
Services and support
K-MASTER replaces Unified Bridge
For more information about K-MASTER follow the link above.
Do you need supportT regarding Unified Bridge - Phone: +47 33 03 24 07 or Email: email@example.com