DP Awareness Course - Remote
The course will be conducted remotely with online live instructor through Video conferencing, and the participants will be given access to individual generic DP Software.
After the course, the successful participants are able to:
- Define the principles of DP
- Recognise the component parts of a DP system
- Understand the relationship between vessel movement, position reference systems, sensors, computers, propulsion units and feedback
- Understand the concept of redundancy
- Understand the DP modes of Control
- Describe the operation of sensors and common position reference systems
- Describe the operation of computers
- Describe propulsion units, types and configurations
- Understand power supply, redundancy and management
- Practice communication and watch handover procedures.
Technical inspectors, fleet managers and other office or client personnel who have a need for general knowledge about dynamic positioning.
No special previous competence required.
Compliant with IMCA 117, appendix 3
To have the best outcome of the course, you should have access to a PC with a Monitor of minimum 22” or a lap-top with an additional monitor is recommended.
Systems recommended are:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
The course will be arranged in the Time Zone of the geographical location listed for the course. To pinpoint the Time Zone of the host location, click to open Time Zone Converter.
PDF COURSE DESCRIPTION
Courses with future dates
Date Duration Subject Location Price
08 Mar 21—
11 Mar 214 days DP Awareness Course - Remote Aberdeen GBP 1550.00 Book