DP Awareness Course
After the course, the successful participants are able to:
- Define the principles of DP
- Recognise the component parts of a DP system
- Understand the relationship between vessel movement, position reference systems, sensors, computers, propulsion units and feedback
- Understand the concept of redundancy
- Understand the DP modes of Control
- Describe the operation of sensors and common position reference systems
- Describe the operation of computers
- Describe propulsion units, types and configurations
- Understand power supply, redundancy and management
- Practice communication and watch handover procedures.
Technical inspectors, fleet managers and other office or client personnel who have a need for general knowledge about dynamic positioning for Offshore operations / Wind operations.
No special previous competence required.
Compliant with IMCA 117, appendix 3 (Training Courses for Key Marine DP Personnel)
PDF COURSE DESCRIPTION