Kongsberg Self-Assessment, helps the shipowner move from periodic maintenance to preventive scheduled maintenance, for lower cost and increased reliability.
Many vessels and charterers have schedules that do not always allow time for a dedicated service technician to do service inspections onboard the vessel.
Kongsberg have developed a Self-Assessment system for deck machinery and motion control products that enables an easy and intuitive check of the equipment that can be carried out by regular crew on the ship, while in service. At the same time this ensures correct maintenance and extra learning-by-doing for the crew onboard the vessel.
Understanding the condition of equipment is vital to ensure that it is always ready for service, throughout its entire lifecycle. Kongsberg Self-Assessment gives the shipowner the ability to self diagnose and get recommendations to do preventative maintenance to minimize risk of a system breakdown and vessel downtime.
When Self-Assessment has been completed, the shipowner receives a detailed report of the inspected equipment, including equipment condition, recommendations for spare parts, overhauls and possible or mandatory upgrades.
- Full system inspection according to check list
- Recommendations for spare parts and needed overhauls
- Recommendations for possible / mandatory upgrades
- Minimize vessel downtime
- Predictability of operations
- Minimize the risk of a system breakdown
- Overview of necessary maintenance
- Make it possible for fixed price docking agreements
- Check and verification of safety functions and calibration data
- Authorities are very keen to get this standardized as it will over time make the fleetmore predictable and a safer place
Kongsberg Self-Assessment; helps the shipowner move from periodic maintenance to preventive scheduled maintenance, for lower cost and increased reliability.