Standard tunnel thruster
Tunnel thrusters provide side force to the ship to improve manoeuvring capability in port or to provide additional station keeping power when dynamic positioning. Well proven, robust and reliable design.
Our range of tunnel thrusters are fitted to a wide range of vessels operating in all corners of the world. The system typically consists of the thruster unit with tunnel, hydraulic equipment, remote control and electrical drive motor with starter. Thrusters are available in both CP and FP version.
Suitable for auxiliary (aux) propulsion or heavy duty applications requiring Dynamic Positioning (DP)
Suitable for auxiliary (aux) propulsion or heavy duty applications requiring Dynamic Positioning (DP) with the highest ICE-class notation
A high-performance auxiliary thruster
Tunnel thrusters are available in the power range from 200-4500 kW.
Propeller diameter 1100-3300mm.
- Flexible design for optimal solutions in different operating conditions
- Hydrodynamic optimized blade design for various operating profiles
- Low installation and maintenance cost
- Controllable Pitch (CP) and Fixed Pitch solution (FP)
- Approved for use of Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants (EAL oil)
- Spare thrusters available in our Thruster Support Pool