Adjustable bolted propeller
The most efficient blade matching for optimum efficiency. In comparison to conventional monobloc fixed pitch propellers the ABP has higher quality blade machining and reduced overall weight, which give easier shipment, handling and mounting.
The adjustable bolted propeller (ABP) allows the most efficient blade matching for optimum efficiency while simplifying installation. It uses a hollow hub with four, five or six blades bolted to it from the inside. The special bolts used to attach the blades require only simple hand tools. Slotted holes in the hub allow the blade pitch angle to be adjusted in service to compensate for variations in hull resistance through life. The propellers overall weight is reduced for easier shipment, handling and mounting. Individual blades can be replaced without drydocking. Range from 3.000 kW up to 75MW.
- Spare propeller not needed, thus short pay-off compared to FPP
- Slotted holes on the hub allow stepless blade pitch angle adjustment
- Stainless steel or NiAl-bronze blades 4,5 or 6 blades available
- Simpler, less costly installation at the shipyard. Match marking not needed
- Smaller, lighter components mean lower costs for shipment, storage and handling
- Individual blades can be replaced if damaged
- Easy underwater installation and replacement of blades
- Hollow hub reduces total weight and extends bearing life
- Higher accuracy than a monobloc propeller since individual parts are machined more efficiently
- No limitation in size or weight