Hybrid shaft generator
Lower fuel consumption and lower emissions. The Hybrid Shaft Generator (HSG) uses AFE technology so fixed engine rpm is not required when operating the shaft generator.
The Hybrid Shaft Generator (HSG) uses AFE technology so fixed engine rpm is not required when operating the shaft generator. The switchboard sees a constant voltage and frequency, and the correct phase angle to match the other generator sets running in parallel.
Propeller and engine efficiencies can be maximised by ensuring they are running at their most efficient point. The ability to reduce engine rpm to match the vessel's overall power requirements significantly reduces fuel consumption and emissions. Upgrading existing systems to HSG is normally straightforward with a short payback time.
- The Hybrid Shaft Generator can be operated in the following modes:
- Boost mode for maximum speed
- Diesel-electric mode – for efficient lower speeds
- Parallel mode – for excess power
- Transit mode – for optimum efficiency
- Shore connection mode – for lower fuel consumption