Acon operators bridge chair
Designed for comfort and usability. The new operator's chair ensures a robust, flexible, modern and reliable ship operation environment. The operator’s chair is an ergonomic integration of a bridge chair with multiple benefits for the operator.
The Unified DP and manoeuvring operator’s chair is supplied either to slide between consoles, where controls and armrests are located on the consoles in the Unified Bridge, or as a freestanding unit, the Unified Chair with controls and screens in the armrests.
Basic design of the chair is the same, with focus on a full range of adjustments to suit different body shapes and sizes, and comfort when occupied for long periods. Upholstery combines leather and alcantara for hard wear and freedom from clamminess. The narrow backrest design gives support but it is easy to move about or turn around. Padded armrests have integrated tracker balls and a touch screen display.
A standard arrangement for operator devices and panels is included, close to the user, angled for optimal wrist alignment and laid out for maximum comfort and minimum strain.
- New and enhanced design in line with the Unified Bridge
- Improved ergonomics with focus on a full range of adjustments to suit different body shapes and sizes, and comfort when occupied for long periods.
- The height of the footrest is electrically adjustable and it follows the seat up and down.
- Two separate 'cable chains' in rail for redundancy.
- Good access for service in the armrests with a hinged top lid.
- A standard integrated microphone connector is integrated in the headrest in addition to a 'keying' switch in the footrest for communications equipment.