Kongsberg Maritime fast facts
Key information including business activities, market segments, manufacturing locations, ownership, number of employees, operating revenues, etc.
We are a global marine technology company providing innovative and reliable ‘Full Picture’ technology solutions for all marine industry sectors. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, we have manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries.
Our solutions cover all aspects of marine automation, safety, maneuvering, navigation, and dynamic positioning as well as energy management, deck handling and propulsion systems, and ship design services.
We boast one of the broadest product ranges in the world, from the engine room to the working deck. This extensive skills and equipment portfolio, combined with our world-class support network of expert staff across 117 global locations, forms our leading solutions: offering expertise and cutting-edge equipment from the drawing board right through a vessel’s operating life.
While we are the largest marine technology specialist organisation in the world, with the most extensive product and knowledge base, our focus continues to be on customers and the environment. Only by listening to our customers and predicting industry needs can we enable the transformation needed to put safety and sustainability first, while continuing to generate value for all stakeholders.
We specialise in the development and delivery of integrated vessel concepts for traditional merchant vessels, ROPAX and fishing vessels, as well as offshore and research vessels and offshore installations. Kongsberg Maritime supplies products and systems for advanced mapping and surveying, sonars, underwater communication, marine robotics (Unmanned Surface Vessels and Autonomous Underwater Vehicles), and deliver deck machinery, propulsion, electrical, automation and control solutions. Our systems enhance efficiency and safety throughout the whole maritime technology spectrum and we offer additional competence in providing turnkey design and engineering services within the shipbuilding sectors.
Key markets are countries with large fisheries, offshore, shipyard, energy exploration and production industries. In exploration we provide sophisticated underwater and positioning technology and systems for survey vessel operations. In field development, we support construction and offshore vessels with innovative solutions for operation and specialist applications, while in production our hardware and software enhances output and minimises downtime. For maritime transport, fisheries and offshore vessels, we supply The Full Picture, including deck machinery, propulsion, navigation, automation, training, safety and autonomous solutions.
- Cargo vessels
- Cruise and ferry
- Fishing and fisheries
- Offshore supply and service
- Offshore exploration and production
- Tugs and workboats
- Specialist vessels, including polar research ships and wind farm support vessels
- Coastguard and other naval vessels
- Subsea mapping and exploration
- Marine information technology
- Process automation
- Autonomous solutions
- Vancouver (Port Coquitlam), British Columbia - Sonars & altimeters
- ZhenJiang - Sensors
- Kokkola - Waterjets
- Rauma - Azimuth thrusters & Deck machinery
- Hamburg - Subsea monitoring and inspection
- Kiel - Subsea gas measurement & environmental monitoring
- Bergen (Godvik) - Power electric systems
- Bergen (Hagavik) - Steering gear
- Brattvaag - Deck machinery
- Hjørungavåg - Seismic and subsea
- Longva - Automation and control
- Horten (Bekkajordet) - Automation and control
- Horten (Strandpromenaden) - Underwater navigation, echo sounders, sonars, autonomy
- Kongsberg - DP, navigation, automation & control
- Trondheim - Sensors, navigation, communication
- Ulsteinvik - Propellers and thrusters
- Kristinehamn - Propellers
- Dunfermline – Stabilisers & Naval steering gear
- Great Yarmouth - Multibeam echosounders, sonars & sub bottom profilers
- Pocasset, Massachusetts - Autonomous underwater vehicles
- Seattle (Lynnwood), Washington - Autonomous underwater vehicles
KONGSBERG MARITIME LEADERSHIP TEAM
- Egil Haugsdal, President
- Leadership team
Number of employees
- 7000 people in 117 offices in 34 countries
- Operating revenues: 16000 mill NOK (2020)
- EBITDA: 1532 mill NOK (2020)
- Annual reports
Kongsberg Maritime is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kongsberg Gruppen (KONGSBERG). KONGSBERG is an international technology corporation that delivers advanced and reliable solutions that improve safety, security and performance in complex operations and during extreme conditions. The Group is a customer-focused organisation with a worldwide performance culture. KONGSBERG works with demanding customers in the global defence, maritime, oil and gas and aerospace industries.