Want to work with automation, IT and cloud systems?
Technical Support Assistant
To further strengthen our team, we are looking for a Technical Support Assistant to support our worldwide customers from our office in Horten. If you love gaming and computers, have technical interest and/or thrive when solving technical issues, we hope to hear from you.
Working as a Technical Support Assistant you will work closely with internal employees and external customers from around the globe. Training will be given by your team and responsibilities will grow as your competence develops.
Main work tasks
- Setup of digital solutions towards cloud interfaces
- Mapping of signals from KM’s automation systems to cloud systems
- Sales support and pre-studies of new deliveries
- Investigate and create new technical solutions (interfaces with serial lines or hardwired signals)
- Technical support of KONGSBERG’s digital products around the globe
Qualifications and experience
- Background or interest for electro, automation or IT
- Graduates are encouraged to apply
- Knowledge in serial lines, networks, routers (Cisco), databases or experience from the maritime industry is a benefit
- Fluent in English and Norwegian both written and orally
- Highly motivated for supporting our customers worldwide remotely
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, and define clear priorities
- Analyze problems and come up with rational judgments
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and provide support
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
As a technical advisor you will get a chance to work with industry leading technology, whilst collaborating with people from different cultures around the world.
Point of contact
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication