An exciting opportunity has arisen as System Engineer - ship intelligence services. In this role, you will be a part of the digital team delivering new sustainable solutions to the business. You will be responsible for facilitate a secure transition to Industry 4.0. We are building a highly innovative ecosystem with state-of-the art technology, to provide our customers with the real value of industrial data.
Your main responsibility will be installation and configuration of software and hardware solutions, developed for our customers. You will work in close cooperation with our customers and ensure that your tasks are accomplished according to our customer’s expectation. To succeed in this role, you need good communication skills and like to interact with other people. You will be joining the organization at a time when digital innovation is key to the success of the company, and we want you to contribute to our journey.
- Installation and configuration of software and hardware solutions developed for our customers
- Work in close cooperation with our customers and ensure that your tasks are accomplished according to our customer’s expectation
- Handling our core cloud services, digital solutions and our open digital ecosystem
- Ready to work in projects, but also support our customers in their operation of our digital platform
- Join and work together with a highly motivated and dedicated team
There will be some travelling with your role, but your main part of the work will be carried out at our office in Kongsberg.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor engineer or a graduate from technical college in computer science, electronics, automation or similar
- Have an interest in software solutions
- Preferable experience from installation and operation of IT systems, Computer networks, data communication and protocols, Cloud solutions and Microsoft Azure
- To be fluent in Norwegian is an advantage
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Jørn Rudi Killie Bjerkan, Operations Manager, +47 91831343
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication