As a Service Technician in Singapore, you will hold a vital role in KONGSBERG MARITIME's operations. Your responsibilities encompass ensuring that all KM equipment meet the rigorous standards set by KONGSBERG. Your contributions will be instrumental in maintaining and enhancing maintenance practices to ensure optimal performance within our business.
Craft a sustainable future. Protechting People and Planet shapes our processes.
- Technical Expertise: Maintenance, and repair/overhaul of KONGSBERG products and equipment, following specific instructions and manuals.
- Mechanical Proficiency: Manage repair, overhaul, and maintenance of various machinery, including Gear Boxes, Shafting, Propellers, Thrusters, Steering Gears, and Deck Machinery.
- Problem Solving: Effectively resolve technical issues to meet customer order requirements. Provide service and investigation reports as needed.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with supervisors and in-house technical specialists when additional technical assistance is required.
- Safety Compliance: Observe safety regulations from WSHA and follow guidelines/risk assessments provided by the company's WHS Committee when working on-site or at customer premises.
- Continuous Learning: Enhance skills and knowledge through training and self-learning to meet job requirements.
- Ad-Hoc Support: Perform any ad-hoc tasks or assignments as assigned by supervisors or team leads to support project goals and team objectives, ensuring continuous improvement.
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Engineering/Technical certificate. (Minimum ITC / NTC-2 & 3)
- Preferably with 5-10 years working experience on deck machinery and propulsion system.
This employment may require obtaining relevant statutory and government requirements and documentation essential for legal employment. Pre-employment medical check may be requested to ensure that selected candidate is in good health and fit for the role's responsibilities, aligning with safety and health standards at KONGSBERG.
You are able to
- develop a high reaching, but realistic business vision and translate it into a workable strategy
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning and career development opportunities
We need you to
- have the ability to diagnose and solve technical issues effectively and efficiently.
- have effective communication skills to interact with customers, colleagues, and supervisors.
- have good interpersonal skills for building customer relationships.
- be willing to stay updated with industry advancements and technologies through continuous learning and training.
- collaborate with other technicians or team members in complex service tasks.
- adapt to new equipment, technologies, and changing work environments
- keep detailed records and producing service reports
- have basic IT skills to manage documentation, access manuals, and use relevant software tools.
- find creative solutions when faced with unique or challenging technical issues.
- be open to travel overseas for job assignments, as required by the position
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Pay package will be commensurate with experience
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview
Kongsberg employees are reminded to notify their department manager prior to application for any position within the company.
Nos 6, Tuas Drive 1 , Singapore 638673
Point of contact
Mr Teo Wee Chong
Kongsberg Maritime is a technology pioneer, enabling a more sustainable future for our oceans. Our zero-emission integrated technologies advance the maritime industry and solve our customers' toughest problems. With unmatched competence, domain knowledge, innovation, and market reach, we are the trusted maritime partner. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 35 countries.
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
KONGSBERG is a leading global technology group. Throughout our proud two-hundred-year history, we have continuously advanced, applying innovative solutions to the needs of our customers, partners and society at large. We believe diversity is our strength. By fostering an inclusive and diverse culture we nurture and ensure space for different perspectives and ideas. We work determined to mature and improve our ability to utilize our diversity and culture of differences to create positive business results.