Kongsberg Maritime, Inc., a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is a market leader in systems for positioning, surveying, navigation and automation. Important markets include countries with significant offshore and shipyard industries. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable marine electronics that ensure optimal operation at sea.
At KONGSBERG, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Fully subsidized health & welfare benefits with an option of a high deductible plan which includes an employer contribution towards your health savings account
- Fully subsidized dental and vision coverage
- Up to 5% employer match program
- Flexibility with Paid Time Off
- Career growth opportunities
- Safe and collaborative culture
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Simrad Fisheries has a new sales position, reporting to the Director of Simrad Fisheries U.S. In this role, you will be responsible for sales and support for Simrad Fisheries Products along with concentrating on the sports fishig market.
- Experienced self starter who has product and market knowledge of the Sportsfisihing market
- Sales experience maintaning, working, and expanding the marine electronics dealer network from New Jersay to Florida
- Product support experience in training, operation, and being a “first responder” for marine electronics dealers
- Ability to travel through a sales region for periods ranging from 7-10 days as weill the ability to go on sea trials for up to 5 days to support and train customers/dealers on Simrad products.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of marine electronics/Simrad products by attending conferences, reading and contributing to marine publications, and training at Simrad/Norway
- Recommend changes in sales procedures, products, and service by getting feedback from customers and collegues
- Three to five years of successful commercial sales experience
- Basic understanding of electrical systems and hydro acoustic principles and applications
- High level of experience working with PC’s with Windows 10 OS. Including experience with serial & ethernet interfacing and moderate troubleshooting
- Experience working with commercial and sportsfishing vessels
- Compentant level using Micosoft Office(Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
- Personable sales approach based on dealing with a wide variety of customer personabilities and attitudes
- Ability to communicate/train indivuduals and groups on Simrad products
- Ability to write and close sales opportunities/quotes on Simrad products
- Ability to grow and maintain a Simrad sales region or product group
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve made it a top priority to keep our employees safe from COVID-19. Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards, Kongsberg Maritime has adopted a policy to safeguard the health and well-being of employees and their families, our customers and visitors, others who spend time in our facilities, customer installations, and the community from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that Kongsberg Maritime Inc. (or KUTL) requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated. All job offers will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
US - preferred location Lynnwood, WA, but open to remote work on the East Coast
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.