An exciting opportunity has arisen as Project Engineer, reporting to the Projects and Procurement Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for the management of projects, ensuring that a project or group of projects is delivered safely, to budget, programme and to a high standard of quality. This will include the development, production, and maintenance of detailed project plans; ensuring that all key tasks, budgets, and milestones are suitably identified with project stakeholders and that they are programmed in line with customer’s requirements.
You will contribute to the business monthly project reviews to ensure effective management of project status, finances, and cash-flow performance.
You will also work closely with the Projects and Procurement Manager to drive continuous improvement within the organisation and ensure that the Management of our projects remain compliant with the CM Management System requirements (PP – Manage Projects and Programmes).
- Delivery of projects to time, cost and quality.
- Execution and maintenance of detailed project management plans.
- Tracking and delivering milestones, financial accounting and risk management.
- Cost and variation control management.
- Support to the Project Manager.
- Maintaining compliance with all associated Kongsberg CM Management System processes.
- Customer interface and reporting.
- Management of subcontractors for the aftermarket service support.
- Controlling and managing the project budget, providing monthly progress status and finance reports.
- Input and upkeep of appropriate company documentation management systems and the management of electronic contract files.
- Interfacing with both our internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintaining compliance with Export Controlled Technology / Hardware processes and procedures.
- Attendance at weekly project review meetings.
- Within capabilities other suitable tasks as deemed appropriate by the business.
Qualifications and experience
- Project Management accreditation desirable i.e. APMP.
- HNC / HND in Engineering discipline.
- Ability to influence at all levels. Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Self-motivated, prepared to use their own initiative and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong planning and organising skills to manage short, medium, and long-term activities and deliverables.
- Ability to understand the importance of a good work ethic.
- Ability to build relationships that bring together a broad range of talents, experience and perspectives thus promoting the "One Team" approach.
- Acts in a professional courteous manner to our colleagues and Customers at all times.
- An aptitude for problem solving in a high-pressure environment.
- Compliance with the company's HS&E policies and procedures and involvement in HSE governance activities.
- Support of the project team in the absence of the project manager.
- Active participation in Business improvement activities.
- Ability to work with our ERP system and other IT software packages such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, Microsoft PowerPoint.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- focus on bottom-line results, identify potential risks and monitor the financial impact of own activities
- understand the organization's informal rules and structures and utilize political processes effectively to get things done
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea, and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
Our Deck Machinery and Motion Control division owns, develops and delivers world class handling solutions, with focus on system solutions and integration driving increased efficiency in our customers' operations. The division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg Maritime’s winches and handling solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication