Project Engineer - Machinery Ship Design
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Project Engineer in the Machinery design department in Kongsberg Maritime, Ship Design. The Machinery design department is responsible for the ship and machinery systems including layouts and arrangements, within the Ship Design Business unit.
As Project Engineer you will be part of a project engineering team collaborating across different disciplines in order to deliver engineering documents securing overall design and functionality, in accordance with governing rules and regulations.
You will also contribute in new sales, tender and concept projects, as well as R&T and after-market support.
- Develop and deliver documentation scope for the machinery discipline:
- Ship and machinery system drawings
- Ship machinery layouts & arrangements
- Manuals and analysis
- Machinery calculations
- Perform rule checks and produce supporting documentation for relevant approvals from Classification Societies and statuary authorities
- Perform calculations and analysis to support construction and machinery design in projects
- Follow-up and quality check of sub-contractor’s deliveries
- Participate in new sales projects and tender activities
- Contribute in R&T projects and concept development
Typical relevant qualifications and experience
- Relevant education from college or university
- Ship project engineering and machinery systems design
- Ship arrangements and outfitting
- CAD drafting and drawings
- 3D based tools
- Shipbuilding or ship operation
- Good Norwegian and English verbally and writing
You are able to
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Focus on bottom-line results, identify potential risks and monitor the financial impact of own activities
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Ålesund or Hjørungavåg
Point of contact
Jan Helge Vik– Head of Section, Machinery Design, +47 913 18072
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication