Contract signed with Flekkefjord Slipp & Maskinfabrikk
A contract was signed today between Flekkefjord Slipp & Maskinfabrikk and Kongsberg Maritime. The contract refers to equipment and services for a new research vessel, being built for the British company Natural Environment Research Council (NERC).
This contract confirms the solid position enjoyed by both Flekkefjord Slipp & Maskinfabrikk and KONGSBERG in the research vessel market.
In many ways the vessel is similar to the modern well-equipped vessel G.O.Sars owned by The Institute of Marine Research in Bergen Norway. That vessel was built by Flekkefjord Slipp & Maskinfabrikk in 2002/2003 with almost the same equipment as the featured in the contract signed today.
The new vessel from NERC will be equipped with the following KONGSBERG products:
- Dynamic Positioning (SDP 11)
- Automation (SVC 400)
- Marine Data Management system (MDM 400)
- Synchronization unit (SSU)
- Post Processing software and hardware
- Sub Bottom Profiler (SBP 120, 3°)
- Deepwater Multibeam Echo Sounder (EM 120, 1x1°)
- Precision Echo Sounder (EA 600)
- Scientific Echo Sounder (EK 60)
- Wideband Multibeam Echo Sounder (EM 710)
While the ink is still wet (from left): Tony Andre Håvelsrud (Kongsberg Maritime), Eddy Lund (Kongsberg Maritime), Sigurd Jan Fanuelsen (Flekkefjord Slipp & Maskinfabrikk) and Freddy Pøhner (Kongsberg Maritime)
For more information contact: Kongsberg Maritime AS Eddy Lund Sales & Marketing manager Hydroaccoustics Phone: 47 33 02 38 00 Mobile: 47 99 20 39 19 Flekkefjord Slipp and Maskinfabrikk AS Sigurd Jan Fanuelsen Mobile: 47 99 21 63 64