Riser Management System
Monitoring your riser system is crucial for optimising efficiency and reducing risk during daily drilling operations. The KONGSBERG riser systems and subsea riser oil-and-gas solutions are proven in the field to provide multiple benefits for your ongoing drilling operations.
KONGSBERG's specialised products and technologies include real-time monitoring systems and decision support for optimum vessel positioning during drilling, and subsea pigging and installation aids for pipelines and pipes.
Our solutions include both riser management systems and riser management services, and can be delivered stand-alone or as an integrated part of a total offshore project.
You benefit from
- Improved decision makingInstrumented assistance and monitoring provide critical, real-time information
- Operation efficiencyReduced weather-related non-productive time and risk management to prevent errors in operations
Continuous monitoring of activity and response
Rig operators need to measure responses for all stages of the drilling operation, including planning riser drilling in a range of environmental conditions and safe disconnection from the well.
KONGSBERG Riser Management System - (RMS) – gives you the advantage of dynamic monitoring of drilling- and workover-risers based on sensor measurements and advanced computations.
- Real-time data reflecting state of riser and connected equipment
- Links 2-ways with onboard Kongsberg DP system
- Wellhead Integrity Monitoring and Fatigue
- Ocean Current monitoring
- Upper and lower flex-joint monitoring
- Top tension stroke/pull and telescopic joint stroke monitoring
- Connector loads monitoring
- Logging of data and events
- Alarm and warning functions
- Effective and real-time operation through instrumented monitoring
- Increases the operational window and reduces NPT
- Reduced guess work, operational errors, and downtime
- Safer and more efficient drilling for increased operational envelopes
- Less equipment wear and tear
- Reduced riser stress and wellhead loads
- Improved situation awareness by viewing of riser shape, BOP, LMRP and wellhead
- Possible to add additional sensors and functionality for specific requirements
Services & aftermarket support
Our support teams, located worldwide, are committed to helping you manage the vital balance between operational availability and cost. Wherever your vessel is located, our support is close at hand.