KONGSBERG Remote Services
KONGSBERG Remote Services is a tool for KONGSBERG certified engineers worldwide to connect to an installation upon customer request and provide remote support.
KONGSBERG Remote Services is built on a common technology platform for KONGSBERG products.
The system is designed to address the challenges of establishing a secure and reliable remote session to the vessel control system via satellite communications.
KONGSBERG global secure network is developed by KONGSBERG and all communications are authenticated and encrypted by a Kongsberg Maritime controlled PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) regime.
- Minimize the number of service trips thus reducing the operation cost.
- Reduce the time for onboard KONGSBERG personnel by specialist support remotely.
- Reduce downtime for remote locations where access for service engineers is difficult.
- Operational support and guidance.
- Periodic inspection for preventive maintenance.
- Protect the installation from malware thus reducing downtime.
- Efficient data routing through KONGSBERG network nodes around the world.
- Diagnostic and configuration possibilities from Kongsberg offices within the KONGSBERG Global Secure Network.
- All sessions must be initiated and confirmed by personnel on board. Only certified Kongsberg engineers can access remote operation rooms located on KONGSBERG sites.
- 24/7 live monitoring of network link.
- Remote support does not require public and/or static IP addresses.
- Uses existing internet connection on the vessel.
- Manual introduction of malware to operator stations is restricted as all USB sticks have to be scanned for malware prior to connecting to an operator station.
- Works on low bandwidth / high latency links.
- Onboard personnel initiates a remote session. A certified KONGSBERG engineer connects and observes the operation live while giving operational advice through the built-in chat function.
- A configurational task has been identified. Risk assessment has been done and remote safe job analysis has been completed by customer and KONGSBERG in cooperation.
- Remote configuration is done by a certified KONGSBERG engineer once onboard personnel has initiated and approved the session
- Onboard personnel initiates a remote session. A certified KONGSBERG engineer connects and checks live parameters to help and identify the problem.
- USB access to operator stations is restricted until USB sticks are scanned for malware. This prevents manual and/or accidental introduction of malware onto the stations.
KONGSBERG Remote Service kit contains a pre-programmed router, malware protection computer and software for the operator stations. The kit can be installed on a variety of hardware platforms.
Services & aftermarket support
Our support teams, located worldwide, are committed to helping you manage the vital balance between operational availability and cost. Wherever your vessel is located, our support is close at hand.