MicroPAP (µPAP) - Compact acoustic positioning system
µPAP is a small and compact acoustic positioning system for operation from a surface vessel to track ROV's, tow fish, divers and any other subsea target at ranges to several thousand meters. The system operates in SSBL mode where it measures the distance and direction to subsea transponders and computes a 3D position in local coordinates or in geographical coordinates. µPAP is designed to be a portable system for easy installation on the vessel or other surface unit.
The system can be used with all KONGSBERG manufactured transponders for depths down to 4000 meters.
A built in motion sensor in the µPAP transducer compensates for vessel roll and pitch movements. To meet various demands from the market, the µPAP transducer will be available in several versions with respect to built-in motion sensors and thereby physical size.
Two different product lines
We presently offer two different lines of Acoustic underwater positioning and navigation systems:
- HiPAP family - High precision acoustic positioning system
- µPAP - Small and portable acoustic positioning system
- Online Help on screen
- APOS operation advantages
- Automatic electronic beam steering
- Optional full LBL functionality Software
- Latest technology for your future applications
- Reliable through well proven HiPAP technology
- More accurate than HPR 410P / 418P systems
- Positions hundreds of underwater transponders and responders
- Outputs position data to navigation systems in established formats
- 6 transducer models inclusive Non Export License require versions
- µPAP Operator station processes inputs from Heading Sensor, GNSS and Sound Velocity Probe
- Narrow pointing receiver beams, suppressing noise from other directions
- The new optional Cymbal acoustic protocol introduces a number of improvements
- Prepared for easy over-the-side mounting on vessel of opportunity – no gate valve
- Cymbal acoustic protocol using Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) signals
- High speed acoustic data communication using wide-band spread spectrum signals
Services and support
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.