Under the MoU, MAN Energy Solutions is set to investigate the possibility of using Kongsberg Digital’s data-infrastructure solution, Vessel Insight, to securely collect and transmit data using MAN Energy Solution’s digital platform, MAN CEON. A successful trial would allow MAN Energy Solutions to use advanced services such as PrimeServ Assist, its remote monitoring and optimization package, to better serve customers.
“The complexity of data capture and transfer drives up the cost of these essentially non-core activities and prevents efficient development of value adding solutions to the market. Collaboration between vendors in the industrial digital value chain is therefore a win-win for vendors, who can focus on digital development within their core competencies, and customers, who will get faster access to better and more cost-efficient solutions,” says Hege Skryseth, President of Kongsberg Digital and EVP of Kongsberg.
The collaboration between the industrial software company and the world-leading engine and marine solution provider aims to solve a key challenge for the broader adoption of digital solutions, namely the high cost of capturing quality data from the vessels, which leaves vessel owners and operators with an unattractive ROI on their digital investments. This could help accelerate the maritime transformation, where new technology and digital solutions enable a move towards smarter, more efficient, safer and greener operations.
Per Hansson, Head of Digital and Strategy at MAN Energy Solutions, says: “Our commitment is to help our customers increase the safety, reliability and predictability of their individual vessel performance and overall fleet. Through this co-operation, we aim to securely onboard our customers faster to provide our new digital services, advanced analytics and support – areas where we can provide unique benefits to their business. As an additional benefit, I also expect faster development of our core functionality, supported by a stronger focus and customer interaction.”
The MoU was signed in September.
VESSEL INSIGHT ENABLES CUSTOMERS TO UNLOCK THE VALUE OF THEIR DATA IN A SIMPLE WAY - GIVING THEM A COMPETITIVE EDGE IN OUR FAST-PACED DIGITAL WORLD.
The solution provides vessel-to-cloud data infrastructure ensuring that customers can capture and aggregate quality data from their fleet in a cost effective and secure way.
With Vessel Insight, onshore and on-site staff involved in fleet management and operations get instant easy access to fleet overview, vessel specific dashboards and data analysis tools.
In addition, through Kognifai Marketplace, customers have access to a large range of applications and services that can turn their data into business value - ranging all the way from basic administrative tools to advanced vessel performance
THE GATEWAY TO NEXT GENERATION SHIPPING
Access to quality data is one of the key challenges for digitalization in the maritime industry.
KONGSBERG is a leading automation and control system vendor in the maritime industry and has over 30 years of experience from delivering management information systems and as a system integrator in the maritime sector.
Vessel Insight builds on top of this experience and is the first step in getting customers started on a digitalization journey and getting ROI from their data.
The data flows from the vessel to our Kognifai cloud, where the customer has a range of tools and options to help them turn the data into value.
- Low cost data capture. Vessel Insight is a subscription-based service consisting of both hardware and software.
- Instant access to fleet & vessel data.
- Access to Kognifai Maritime Ecosystem, access to a broad range of applications ranging from vessel performance to fuel optimization
- Data quality, insight in vessel connectivity and data integrity
- Cybersecurity built-in from the start to ensure confidentiality and authorized access to data
- Open ecosystem makes it easy to integrate with supply partners and other data services
- Full control and transparency about the data gathered. It is yours to share.
- Data analysis tools, data export functions and API for data integration with 3rd party analysis tools (such as PowerBI)
- Support for a broad range of vessel control systems & protocols*
- K-Chief 500, 600
- NMEA TCP/Serial
- Modbus TCP
- Encrypted communication between vessel and cloud
- Uses existing internet connection on vessel. When data is collected, but no internet is available, the data is locally cached until the required bandwidth is available.
- Efficient data routing through KONGSBERG Global Secure Network