Gyro Compass and INS
The MGC R2 represents a new family of products combining motion sensing and gyro compass functionality. Included in this innovation are three Ring Laser Gyros and three linear accelerometers, making the MGC R2 a full inertial navigation system (INS). Capable of outputting an array of navigational data such as heading, roll, pitch, heave, and position, this system is tailored for high precision maritime applications such as offshore operations and seabed mapping.
Operational Modes and Data Output
Heave Measurement and Navigation Algorithms
- 0.02° roll and pitch accuracy
- 0.1° heading accuracy GNSS aided
- Includes INS capability
- Outputs on RS-232, RS-422 and Ethernet
- High output data rate (200 Hz)
- Precise heave at long wave periods by use of PFreeHeave algorithms
- Lever arm compensation to two individually configurable monitoring points
- Small size and low power consumption
- Each MGC delivered with a Calibration Certificate
- Selectable communication protocols in the Windows based configuration software
We offer comprehensive after-sales assistance
24/7 Technical support
Our Technical Support team is readily available to provide global 24/7 support and can rapidly respond to resolve any issues at any time, wherever your vessel is located in the world.
We can provide detailed training on the use of our products to ensure your crew is equipped with the necessary operational competence to minimise technical risk and maximise return on your asset investment.