Helideck Monitoring System - HMS
The Helideck Monitoring System (HMS) is used to analyse helideck motion during helicopter landings to improve safety in hostile weather conditions. The HMS monitors helideck attitude and vertical velocity, wind speed and direction, air temperature and barometric pressure and presents this information to indicate landing conditions. The HMS is typically used offshore on floating production and storage vessels (FPSO) and seismic vessels.
Need compliance to updated regulations?
All issued recommendations and guidelines by the Civil Aviation Authorities in UK, (CAP 437) and accompanying Helideck Certification Agency, HCA (document revision 9b) are met in our new solution.HMS 300 Upgrade
The motion reference unit - MRU, with the aid of selected lever arms in the set-up procedures, enables total installation flexibility. The unit can be installed at the helideck, on the bridge or at any other suitable location on the vessel, the lever arm software makes it possible for the operator to set up the measuring point to be precisely at the centre of the helideck.
Helideck monitoring system features
- Real-time presentation of roll, pitch, heave amplitude, heave rate and inclination
- Significant heave rate (SHR) presentation
- CAP 437 motion data presentation
- Meteorological data acquisition and presentation available
- Claoud height, visibility and present weather interface included
- Selectable motion sensor input from MRU, MGC or Seapath
- Live vessel data available through K-IMS or Kognifai
- Output of motion and meteorological data on serial line or Ethernet
- 720-hours logging capability according to new regulations
- Electronic transmission of data using Ethernet
- Check and verification module and procedures
HMS range of products
Our Helideck Monitoring System is available in two different versions:
- HMS 200
- HMS 300
Services and support
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.