HIGH RESOLUTION 1171 SONAR HEADS
KONGSBERG is recognized as a leader in single-beam scanning sonars, developing systems with the highest quality and highest resolution on the market. Our feature-packed systems are continuously being developed to meet the stringent requirements of the ever-changing subsea industry.
The 1171 series high-resolution scanning sonar heads have an operating depth of between 650 m to 11,000 m and use RS485/RS232 telemetry.
- Narrower horizontal beam pattern and smaller angular resolution (for superior image quality)
- Tunable frequency transducers (model dependant)
- Exposed transducer to eliminate acoustic lensing
- Increased power output for better signal to noise ratios
- Simultaneous multiple scanning sonar head and altimeter operation, and sensor configurations
- Time-tagged recording of all sonar and sensor inputs to the PC's hard drive or external recording device
- Advanced target measurement and annotation tools
- Track Plotter module allowing the user to pre-plot search and survey lines, and to geo-reference sonar targets
- Ping synchronization for multiple-head operation; fused data display for dual head profiling
- Post-processing capability for profile data
- Data mosaicing
Kongsberg Mesotech’s high-resolution sonar is ideal for underwater engineering and surveying applications. It can also be used for search and recovery (SAR), diving support, scientific assessments, site inspections, underwater vehicle instrumentation, surveillance, harbour defence, and archaeological surveying.
Our high-resolution sonar is used for visualization of underwater structures (bridges, docks, piers, dams etc.) and to support a multitude of underwater construction applications.
Underwater inspection of man-made structures is vital as they age. In addition, water currents, corrosion, and damage from storms and vessels may impact structure integrity. Diving inspections can be costly and dangerous due to a lack of visibility, plus inconsistencies in data reporting are common.
Diving inspections are often challenged by high current, deep water, lack of visibility, and debris accumulation around the structure. In addition to limiting the diver from completing a thorough inspection, debris build-up around bridge piers is potentially one of the most dangerous conditions the inspection diver faces. It introduces the possibility of entanglement, and even worse, diver entrapment if the debris moves.
High-resolution scanning sonar provides high-definition images. Also, the compact size and portability of the equipment enables quick, frequent monitoring.
A tripod or ROV-deployed high-resolution sonar provides a stable platform for shipwreck analysis. The advantage of using a high-resolution sonar to document shipwrecks is deployment at multiple positions around the wreckage to obtain the best geometric coverage and to detail specific areas of interest. For salvage operations, the sonar can monitor divers or the position of rigging in real-time.
Our MS1000 scanning sonar software converts any standard PC into a full-function single-beam sonar processor without the need for additional boards or hardware.
The MS1000 software has many advanced features for data interpretation, including the ability to measure length and area, and to georeference and track targets. The MS1000 software is designed under ISO standards to ensure compliance to reliability, statutory, and regulatory requirements.
Services and support
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.