Simrad ES80 Maintenance - transducer cleaning
Cleaning the echo sounder transducer
The transducer normally needs little attention. However, the transducer face must be inspected and cleaned when docking.
1. Place the vessel in dry dock.
2. Perform a thorough check of the transducer. If necessary, clean the transducer.
• To clean the transducer, use normal synthetic soap and water.
• To remove marine growth, use fine-grade sandpaper or emery paper.
• Do not use strong solvents.
• Do not attempt to scrape of marine growth with sheets of metal, screwdrivers or other tools made of metal or hard plastic.
• Do not use high pressure water to clean the transducer.
• Refer to your user manual for a more detailed procedure.
- Do not paint the transducer with traditional hull plating paint. Use only the correct type of approved paint specified by Simrad.
- Do not use metal tools on the transducer.
- Do not use a high pressure washer on the transducer.