Compact Modem and Transponder
cNODE® Modem Explorer may be connected with up to three remote transducers. The transducers may be selected and switched electronically by the subsea vehicle control system or acoustically, to optimize for example vertical or horizontal telemetry and positioning performance. The unit will operate as any standard cNODE® offering telemetry, SSBL and long baseline positioning modes.
cNODE® Modem Explorer interfaces to the subsea vehicle via a serial interface to transfer modem data. The transparent modem capability allows commands and data to be transmitted to and from the subsea vehicle from the customers topside control system, via the vessels HiPAP® system.
- The modem utilizes Cymbal acoustic protocol.
- SSBL and LBL Positioning
- 560+ Cymbal® channels and HPR
- High speed telemetry capabilities
- Modem Function
- Interleaves positioning and communication
- Interface up to 3 remote transducers
- 20-30kHz (MF) and 10-15kHz (LF) Models
- Input power supply: 15Vdc, 24Vdc and 48Vdc (depending on models)
- Transmitting power (max): 100W
- Standby power: < 100mW
- Frequency band : 21 - 31 kHz
- Acoustic speed, cymbal : Up to 4,5 kbit/s, selectable for adaption to acoustic channel conditions
- Data interface : RS-232, RS-485 or RS-422 (isolated / non isolated)
- Configuration software : TTC Light software
- Active control during operation : Kongsberg Link User Protocol