Scientific multibeam echo sounder
The ME70 is a unique multibeam echo sounder that unites the quantitative functionality of split-beam echo sounders with the resolution and extended sampling volume inherent to multibeam systems. Purpose-built for water column data acquisition, it targets a range of subjects from fish and marine mammals to methane gas seeps and seafloor vegetation. The ME70 is optimized for fishery research applications, operating within 70 to 120 kHz and boasting 800 transmitting and receiving channels. Enhancing capabilities further, the standard system includes bathymetry functionality, furnishing high-resolution seabed mapping.
Multibeam Scientific Echo Sounder
Enhanced Functional Utility
- Operates in the 70 to 120 kHz frequency range
- Provides an adjustable acoustic fan containing 3 to 45 stabilized beams
- All beams can be configured as split beams
- The calibration software is included
- The minimum beam opening is 2 degrees depending on the operational frequency and steering
- The total swath width is 140 degrees
- The athwartship center angle of the fan can be adjusted from +45 to -45 degrees
- The minimum acquisition depth is less than 1 m below the transducer, this depends on the beam mode configuration
- Sidelobe levels and beam interleakage are adjustable from -35 to -70 dB depending on the beamwidth and the frequency configuration
Additional product information
We offer comprehensive after-sales assistance
24/7 Technical support
Our Technical Support team is readily available to provide global 24/7 support and can rapidly respond to resolve any issues at any time, wherever your vessel is located in the world.
We can provide detailed training on the use of our products to ensure your crew is equipped with the necessary operational competence to minimise technical risk and maximise return on your asset investment.