KONGSBERG REMOTE VIRTUAL SERVICE (1ST & 2ND LINE, DEPENDING ON SCOPE)
KONGSBERG REMOTE VIRTUAL SERVICE is a service to empower onboard personnel by using an Expert in the Loop to troubleshoot, assess, and rapidly resolve issues during fault finding or maintenance. Assistance can be delivered where and when it is needed, from anywhere and on any supported device .
KONGSBERG REMOTE VIRTUAL SERVICE is a service to empower your personnel with an Expert in the Loop to troubleshoot, assess, and rapidly resolve issues during fault finding or maintenance. KONGSBERG provide Secure Remote Expert Augmented Reality Software, for rapid collaboration between our customers’ personnel in the field and Kongsberg Maritime’s global pool of service and support experts.
The service is available where and when it is needed, from anywhere and on any supported device. The main advantage is to ensure that all personnel involved have THE FULL PICTURE and a common understanding of the challenges that need to be solved and how to implement solutions. At KM we believe that remote communication tools are key to solving problems effectively, reducing cost and downtime and providing improved quality and safety in operation.
KONGSBERG is ready to provide REMOTE VIRTUAL SERVICE through highly skilled engineers and to effectively assist our customers utilising the Remote Support service, reducing cost and downtime.
Cyber Security is important to us and we provide a solution that is designed to address the challenges of establishing a secure and reliable remote session to the remote location via satellite communications or a mobile data network.
SUPPORTED DEVICES Your personnel can utilise cell phone, tablet, laptop or remote collaboration headsets already onboard by downloading the REMOTE VIRTUAL SERVICE application. The Expert in the Loop will send an invitation for easy access to the session via SMS or e-mail.
- Android 4.4 or higher
- iOS 10 or higher
- Windows 7.0 or higher
SECURE CONNECTIVITY is delivered by utilising existing internet infrastructure onboard, such as satellite or mobile network equipment.
GET STARTED by contacting KONGSBERG today and get your fleet ready for the REMOTE VIRTUAL SERVICE services. Contact your key contact, Kongsberg office or / +47 33 03 24 07. Our support team are ready to assist your company.
EXECUTION of remote service process has the following three steps:
Service report will be provided by KONGSBERG after using the REMOTE VIRTUAL SERVICE.
BENEFITS OF REMOTE VIRTUAL SERVICE
- Enables efficient technical support and service delivery for vessels operating in areas where access for service engineers might be limited
- Troubleshoot, assess, and rapidly resolve issues during fault finding or maintenance
- Efficient response in cases of down time by immediate delivery of expert assistance via connection to the vessel
- Easy to connect and use application designed for a low bandwidth connection, suitable for cellular or satellite connections
- The software runs on smartphones, tablets, desktops or smart glasses, so existing devices on board installations can be used
- Reduction in number of physical onboard service jobs and cost
- Improved preparation prior to service visits by getting real time status and diagnostics from the systems
- Operations Assistance during critical and complex operations by having a virtual expert onboard
- Planned periodic maintenance, health check & system optimisation
- Reduce the time KONGSBERG personnel are needed on board by delivering specialist support remotely
- Experience optimized to ‘collaborate on things’ in the field
- Performs in even the most bandwidth constrained environments. Works on low bandwidth / high latency links
- Our Expert in the Loop can stay in the office effectively communicating by audio and video, circling and marking areas that need attention, adjusting lighting, and recording or capturing still high resolution images.
- Our experts can upload drawings, and both expert and user can draw or mark areas on the drawing, or a photo while discussing verbally.
- Optionally it is also possible to record the sessions as documentation.
- All sessions must be initiated and confirmed by personnel on board
- Only certified KONGSBERG engineers can perform remote operation
- Uses existing internet connection on the vessel
- Secured solution according to Cyber Security, ISO 27001 Certified standards