Wireless temperature monitoring for moving parts
The SENTRY® wireless bearing temperature monitoring system is capable of continuously measuring the metal temperature of bearings during compressor operation.
Ultimate equipment for bearing temperature monitoring
Each sensor is individually interrogated from a multiplexed signal processing unit using a high frequency and low energy radar pulse. The radar pulse is transmitted to the wireless sensor through a coaxial cable to a stationary antenna located inside the crank case. When within interrogation range of the stationary antenna the sensor responds to the radar pulse by reflecting a pulse pattern back to the signal processing unit. The characteristics of the reflected pulse is uniquely defined by the temperature.
The SENTRY® system is based on a sensor technology called Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW), which opens for non-contact wireless temperature sensing without using batteries or transmitting inductive power to the sensor. In this system the air-gap between the sensor and the stationary antenna can vary between 10 and 50 millimeters, providing an very flexible installation inside the crank-case.
- Significantly reduced risk of unforeseeable repair costs
- Compact and simple installation
- Improved operational safety for crew and vessel
- Type approved to replace oil mist detectors
- Stand-alone or fully integrated with the alarm monitoring system
- Wireless temperature sensor
- Stationary reading antenna
- Signal processing unit