Shaver Transportation – tugs with both power and finesse
For nearly a century and a half, Shaver Transportation has been a leader in the tug and barge business on the Columbia Snake River System in the Pacific Northwest of the United States.
Gunvor Hatling MidtbøVice President, Communications
Tug Portland is now upgraded with US 205P18 FP z-drives with 2.20m propeller diameters and utilising the same engine power.
ALL ROUNDER THAT’S FIT FOR THE FUTURE
Technology at the forefront
- Owner/operator: Shaver Transportation
- Builder: Diversified Marine
- Designer: Jensen Maritime Consultants
- Dimensions: 112x45x19
- Engines: Tier 4 GE 12V250, 4,216 hp
- Bollard pull: ~100 tons
- Z-drives: Kongsberg US 305 with 4-blade propellers
- Auxiliary generators: John Deere 6090A