Wide Band Transceiver
The Wide Band Transceiver (WBT) is a highly efficient echo sounder transceiver. It is used by marine research vessels all around the world. The WBT transmits acoustic energy into the water and receives echoes from fish, schools and other objects in the water column.
Flexible Operations for Research
Transducer and Power Integration
- Member of the Simrad EK80 wideband echo sounder family
- Rugged and compact design
- Controlled by the EK80 software
- Operating frequency from 10 to 500 kHz
- Chirp (frequency modulated sweep) and continuous wave (CW)
- CW pulses up to 8 ms pulse length
- Can control four channels independently
- Maximum output power is 2000 W (4 x 500 W)
- Standardized EK80 raw data format
- Wide range of transducers available
We offer comprehensive after-sales assistance
24/7 Technical support
Our Technical Support team is readily available to provide global 24/7 support and can rapidly respond to resolve any issues at any time, wherever your vessel is located in the world.
We can provide detailed training on the use of our products to ensure your crew is equipped with the necessary operational competence to minimise technical risk and maximise return on your asset investment.