High-precision scientific echo sounder and ADCP system
EK80 is a high-precision scientific echo sounder and ADCP system designed to quantify and monitor underwater ecosystems. The EK80 is a modular system capable of operating several different transceiver and transducer combinations, all through the same operator station. Based on more than 60 years of research and development in close collaboration with leading marine scientists, this wide band echo sounder system has succeeded the famous EK60, which became an international standard for fish stock assessment. The EK80 is now a wideband system with an operational range from 10 kHz to 500 kHz. The extreme range resolution and improved target characterization allow for a wide range of oceanographic applications.
Flexible System Integration
- High dynamic range
- Raw data recording
- High ping rate
- Multifrequency application for species identification
- Simultaneous transmission of all frequencies
- Several frequencies covering the same sampling volume
- Wideband frequency sweep ("chirp") with advanced signal processing
- Echo sounder calibration module included
- Remote control via web interface
- Store and reload personal settings
- Network interface for raw data recording
- Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (ADCP) functionality
- License-free software for replay purposes
Additional product information
We offer comprehensive after-sales assistance
24/7 Technical support
Our Technical Support team is readily available to provide global 24/7 support and can rapidly respond to resolve any issues at any time, wherever your vessel is located in the world.
We can provide detailed training on the use of our products to ensure your crew is equipped with the necessary operational competence to minimise technical risk and maximise return on your asset investment.