Software engineer (KM 20-058)
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
We are looking for a Software Engineer for our Sensor and Robotics (S&R) division in Horten. The main purpose of the position is to develop our world class multibeam echo sounders.
Main tasks and responsibilities
You will become a member of our dedicated multibeam software team. Tasks range from defining new features, implementation and final testing. We have several vessels in Horten for testing our systems at sea. Some traveling to attend customer tests may also be required.
- Bachelor or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
- Real time programming
- Python, MATLAB or R
- Software Engineering
- VxWorks / Linux
- Fluent in both Norwegian and English
- Technology savvy
- Good communication skills
- The possibility to work on world class sensor and robotics products
- An international working environment
- A strong industrial company with long traditions for quality products
- Career development opportunities