Sales Support Engineer
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace.
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Sales Support Engineer, reporting to Head of Sales – Aftermarket Sales, UK, West Europe and Africa. In this role, you will be a part of the sales team, supporting in generating revenues and building on existing relationships with customers. Scope of offering to customers includes spares, upgrades, field service and overhaul support. You will also be a key link between the sales team, customer and internal organisation. Communication and organisation is extremely important, as you are the point of contact for the customer from initial enquiry to the completion of the job, and for any aftermarket support thereafter.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Support the Sales Manager, KAM or CRM before, during and after customer interventions
- Support the Sales Manager, KAM or CRM on visits to key customers as required
- Set up proposals/quotations based on input from the Sales team in the areas of spares, upgrades, field service and repair
- and overhaul support
- Understand customer requirements
- Respond to customers on planned maintenance activities and dockings. Coordinate these activities internally
- Build and maintain relationships with the customer
- Manage timelines and deadlines
- Use of appropriate systems and tools to assist in managing local business in accordance to the sales process
- Pro-actively manage customer master data
- Pro-actively review outstanding quotations, orders and debts and update the customer weekly
- Escalate issues to Sales Manager, KAM or CRM where appropriate
- Prepare dry docking planning folders and planned maintenance documents
- Prepare packs for planned maintenance meetings
Qualifications and experience
- Education at degree level in a relevant subject
- Experience in sales support and customer focused activities
- Experience in maritime or related industry
- Good awareness of Kongsberg Maritime products and services
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- identify commercial opportunities and have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilise this to achieve set goals
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Preferably Kongsberg Offices in Dalgety Bay, Dunfermline but can be flexible within the UK for the right candidate
Point of contact
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication