Join our World Class team as a Sales Support Engineer!
Sales Support Engineer
(SPARES &) SALES SUPPORT ENGINEER
Due to Dutch and EU rules and regulations this position is vacant for EU / Schengen citizens only
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology, and dedication
As a Sales Support Engineer you will be playing a significant role in performing activities supporting the sales team in generating sales revenues and increase customer relationship which includes offers for spares, upgrades, field service and repair and overhaul support. This will be done based on data driven sales through extended focus on proactive Maintenance Planning.
You will be the link between the sales team, customer and internal organization. To support our Aftermarket Sales Managers with these activities are we looking for a sales support engineer who can join the aftermarket sales team.
• Education at degree level within relevant subject
• Experience in sales support and customer facing activities
• Several years of experience from maritime or related industries
• Knowledge of Kongsberg Maritime products and services
• fluent in English, Dutch and preferably German
You are able to:
• Act on own initiative, make things happen and take responsibility
• Adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
• Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
• Communicate in a clear, precise, and structured way
• Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information, and support others in the pursuit of team goals.
• Coordinate / set up quotations based on input from the Sales team in the areas of spares, upgrades, field service and repair and overhaul.
• Support the Aftermarket Sales Managers, KAM or CRM before, during and after customer interventions.
• Support Aftermarket Sales Mgr. in preparing maintenance planning packs across entire KM portfolio of products. Prepare dry docking planning folders and planned maintenance documents.
• pro actively Monitor and follow up (maintenance planning) opportunities in close cooperation with Aftermarket Sales Manager.
• Support Aftermarket Sales Managers identifying customers and vessels applicable for ongoing campaigns and make sure these are incorporated into our general maintenance planning activity.
• Support the Aftermarket Sales Managers, KAM or CRM on visits to key customers as required.
• Respond to customers on planned maintenance activities and dockings. Coordinate these activities internally.
• Escalate issues to Sales Manager, KAM or CRM where appropriate
• Together with sales manager build and maintain relationships with the customer and understand customer requirements
• Manage timelines and deadlines
• Use of appropriate systems and tools to assist in managing local business in accordance to the sales process
• Pro-actively manage customer master data
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Spijkenisse, the Netherlands
Point of contact and the position reports to:
Head of Spares & Sales Support, EMEA.
***Acquistion by employment agencies is not appreciated***