kta is now looking for a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager
kta naval systems is a joint venture company owned by Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS, thyssenkrupp Marine Systems and ATLAS ELEKTRONIK. kta naval systems is exclusive supplier and Design Authority for the complete Combat Systems to thyssenkrupp Marine Systems submarines. kta naval systems sets new standards with the ORCCA product family for combat systems for non-nuclear submarines. The company was founded in October 2017 and develops, produces and maintains as an exclusive supplier all combat systems for submarines from thyssenkrupp Marine Systems.
The combat systems offer a wide range from full integration to high flexibility in design as well as during life time and operations combined with a high standard of IT security to fulfill navies needs. Building on the joint expertise and products of our partners, kta naval systems have created a unique submarine combat system with unprecedented functionality and performance. The combat system enables the submarine crew to fully perceive their surroundings, identify objects and analyze the situation in detail. It consolidates all information to permit a rapid and reliable response. Customers can constantly advance their submarine combat system to adapt to new requirements and challenges, and to ensure that they always have the most recent available technology on board.
We are now recruiting a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager to shape the future of submarines with its product family of Combat Systems ORCCA.
- Overall responsible for the projects assigned
- Planning and managing the project activities (scope, time, budget) including management of internal and external interfaces
- Managing and support of project team
- Handling of contract towards customer and major sub-contractors
- Securing professional follow-up of the customer and sub-contractors
- Periodic reporting
- Project Management certification e.g. IPMA education or similar
- Several years of experience in project management with documented achievements and management of international teams
- Proactive, self-driven and collaborative personality
- Customer and sales oriented behavior
- Fluent English both written and spoken, and good communication skills, German language skills are an advantage
- Intercultural competence
- A pro-active mindset and enjoy challenges
We can offer
- Design the future Combat System for the market leader of conventional submarines
- Take interesting and challenging positions with good opportunities for development and help shape a company
- Work with highly dedicated and skilled colleagues in an intercultural team
- Benefit from competitive conditions and a highly flexible work environment
- Highly motivated and skilled colleagues in an intercultural team
- Competitive conditions
kta naval systems has its headquarters in Kongsberg, Norway and a branch office in Bremen, Germany. This positon is located in Kongsberg or Bremen.
Attention: Candidates have to be eligible for a Norwegian or German (depending on location) security clearance.
If you have additional questions to the position, please contact either Thomas Beyer, phone +49 151 25015578 or Tom Engen, phone +47 959 74 048.