How do you like the idea of working as a Project Engineer for a world leading business unit in Asker? The Kongsberg Riser System business unit is recognized as a world leading engineering and consultancy service provider of riser and umbilical technologies, flowlines and subsea production systems for exploration, production and commissioning. The group offers digitalization services to the upstream oil & gas and maritime industry, with products that provide remote real time monitoring and decision-making capabilities.
The Riser & Wellhead Department sees growing demand and are seeking a highly motivated Project Engineer, preferably with experience from Energy (including upstream Oil & Gas and/or maritime industry). As part of our team, you will contribute to build next-generation digital solutions to support KM’s extensive product portfolio for and together with our clients!
Tasks & responsibilities
- Instrument & communication system design
- Technical responsible for instrument packages in delivery projects
- Follow up supplier technical documentation & testing
- Development of engineering documentation
- Subsea Cabling and Connectors
- System Engineering
- Interface and communication with other disciplines
- Bachelor or Master Engineer, with 2-5 years’ experience
- Practical experience and keen on performing hands on design, assembly and test work in our in-house lab.
- Experience and understanding of instrumentation, data communication protocols and hardware, basic electronics, data storage and basic data processing
- Preferable, -knowledge of instrumentation standards such as OPC, UA, information modelling, NORSOK, ATEX and IEC
- Manage English fluently
What we offer
- Opportunity to work with products leading the digitalization efforts in energy, upstream oil & gas and maritime industry
- Challenging work in an international technology leading and innovative work environment
- Opportunity to work with & learn from industry instrumentation experts
- A high degree of personal autonomy within agreed areas of responsibility
- Competitive remuneration package and benefits
About the company
KONGBSERG offers a comprehensive range of engineering services and solutions in different technology areas. We have specialized products, real-time monitoring solutions and decision support tools for offshore operations, both drilling and production. We support marine operations with advanced simulations onshore in the planning phase and offshore when operations are taking place. We deliver instrumented systems to monitor and control the operations, to secure safe and efficient execution. Furthermore, we provide offshore services worldwide where combination of offshore testing and analysis is used to document the integrity of the risers, umbilicals and the wellheads.
About the business area
Kongsberg Maritime is at the forefront of technology and innovation within the Maritime and Oil & Gas sector with systems on more than 30,000 vessels and more than 7,000 employees in 120 offices in 34 countries around the world. We have created an integrated portfolio of systems and services for businesses, partners and nations operating from the depths of the sea; to outer space; to the digital frontier.
Application deadline is May 21th, 2021.
Point of Contact
Torleif Torjussen, department manager, mob +47 92 08 68 10