Overview of Position:
Responsible for business control & cost accounting of projects.
- Coordinate with Finance Manager, Project Manager(s) and Controller(s) in Norway to prepare and generate Monthly Project Finance Status Reports;
- Register projects, activities and budget in Axapta (Microsoft Dynamics);
- Primary mission is to have close and continuous control of all costs in the project with emphasis on change orders and expected growth. Follow-up, update, forecasting and reporting is essential part of this work. Project Controller shall be in continuous dialogue with the respective project manager(s) and procurement manager to be able to capture changes;
- Invoice according to contract milestone and variation orders;
- Invoice control against purchase order and review invoices for accuracy and ensure that costs being in line with project budget;
- Update actual/forecast expenditure profile on a monthly basis;
- Forecast payments to Vendors/Subcontractors on a monthly basis and forecast cash flow;
- Bank certificates; Claims and Guarantees.
- Troubleshoot abnormalities in cost reporting data and liaise with other disciplines as necessary;
- Prepare monthly project reports as well as monthly financial reports according to company directives and instructions, always within laws, rules and regulations;
- Both real and forecasting cost and gross margin analysis to be made monthly. This should also include the project's cash flow and project cash forecast;
- Managing the P&L on the projects, brings controlling functions in both procurement and business activities.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager in establishing/compliance to regulations/authorities in reporting
- Understanding of Taxation, laws, standards and financial forecasting
- Minimum 5 years of project accounting or finance analysis work experience handling Marine Offshore / Oil & Gas projects.
- Experience with systems: AX (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Good knowledge of accounting concept, business control and cost accounting
- Good communication & interpersonal skills; ability to engage with all levels of people
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in dynamic environment
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Systematic and structured way of working
- Good excel skills
- English fluent, oral and written
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with positive attitude, committed
- Strong problem solving skillset
- Pay package will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview