Do you want to be part of our digital transformation?
Digitalization is set to transform the maritime industry on a global scale. Do you want to be part of our transformation within the field by taking lead in actively creating value for our customers? Do you seek to understand how to create the systems providing insight and recommended action to solve some of the greater challenges of the industry such as vessel efficiency and safe vessel operation? Are you curious on fleet and vessel operations for the future, and willing to challenge how we get there?
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Product Advisor to own and drive forward digital products within health management of rotary machinery and assist in digital transforming our deck machinery and motion control systems. The Product Advisor will report to Product Director Digital Applications. This position will work in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders in Kongsberg Maritime and as well externally to ensure that the Applications, Products and Solutions is closely aligned with real customers’ demands.
- Carry strategic and commercial management of the product line towards our deck machinery and motion control and our digital health management systems for rotary machinery
- Drive our digital product development by challenging the present, seeking new knowledge, new technology and new working methods
- Accountable for outlining specifications related to further software development
- Work closely with key stakeholders across sites and divisions in the organization to create opportunities that set us apart from our competitors.
- Support Sales & Marketing function in assessing, capturing and addressing customers’ requirements
Qualifications and experience
- Preferably Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, business, project management or equivalent related field. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Domain specific knowledge from the maritime sector is considered an advantage
- Preferably experience within agile product management and stakeholder management when dealing with software development
- English oral and written communication skills
Who are you?
We are looking for a driven, curious team player. You like to continuously renew your knowledge, solve problems and are not afraid to dive into details. The right candidate for the job is also a person who:
- Act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- Identify commercial opportunities and you have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability for KONGSBERG
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; stay in the forefront of the development and knowledge within your field and actively seek to implement your knowledge
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- Co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- Like to make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a competitive pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Kongsberg, Horten, Trondheim, Lysaker or Ålesund
Point of contact
Bjørn Hågensen, Product Director, +47 911 777 05
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace.
KM Integrated Solutions (KM ISOL) division is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems, Electro, as well as a significant portfolio of digital products and solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication