Field Service Engineer
As a Field Service Engineer, you are the first in line when it comes to representing Kongsberg to our worldwide customers. To further strengthen our team, we are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our Global Customer Support (GCS) department in Horten.
Working as a Field Service Engineer you will do installation and commissioning of Kongsberg’s AutoChief Propulsion Control Systems and K-Chief Marine Automation Systems on vessels and in major shipyards around the world. You will perform services and maintenance on sailing ships with our equipment, as well as in-house technical support to our customers. If you have technical qualifications in electro, automation or electronics then you have the competence we seek. If you also identify with our values; determined, innovative, collaborative, reliable and consider yourself highly motivated for worldwide support activities, then you are definitely the candidate we are looking for.
Main work tasks
- Installation and commissioning of our AutoChief and K-Chief systems
- Service and maintenance onboard vessels worldwide
- Technical support and assistance of our customers and colleagues
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, “Y-veien” or equivalent in one or more of the following: electro, automation and electronics. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of education
- Field experience from maritime, shipping and/or offshore oil & gas installations, Group L certificate is an advantage.
- Fluent in English and Norwegian both written and orally
- Highly motivated for worldwide support activities
- Students who finish their bachelor’s degree this semester are encouraged to apply
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, and define clear priorities
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support
What we can offer you
As a field service engineer you will get a chance to work with leading technology in an industry which is working towards more environment friendly and green solutions. You will collaborate with people from different cultures and travel the world. You will be an important contributor in an exclusive technical, challenging and fun environment. We offer you a high degree of flexibility, personal development and career opportunities within Kongsberg Maritime.
Horten, Norway and worldwide
Point of contact
Martin Nilsen, Team Manager, +47 922 94 931
Sigmund Utklev, Department manager, +47 456 66 331
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defense and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
Propulsion Control System, AutoChief 600:
Marine Automation System, K-Chief 600:
Ethics and values:
Company presentation – ONE Kongsberg: