We are looking for a Data Scientist to join us! There has never been a more exciting time to work in Kongsberg Maritime than right now. You will be at the forefront of enabling the business to achieve our objectives through operational data analytics.
You will be joining the organization at a time when digital innovation is key to the success of the company, and we are looking for people to help us shape this journey. As a Data Scientist in the Operational Insight team, you will deliver actionable insight from analysis of operational vessel data, helping our customers achieve their performance and sustainability goals.
In this role, you need to be able to both listen, ask questions to increase knowledge and be flexible. If you are proactive, thrive with a varied workday and have a high interest in using data to create valuable insight for our colleagues and clients, then this is the opportunity for you!
- Establish a close dialogue with customers to discover their needs
- Communicate requirements for data capture to customers and internal stakeholders
- Perform analyses of operational data for advice on improvements, analysis of past performance or future benefit forecasting
- Generate reports, dashboards, and visualizations
- Articulate results to customers and internal stakeholders
Qualifications and experience
- Preferably masters’ degree in marine technical field. Relevant experience from marine operations may compensate for formal qualifications
- Experience from customer interaction and knowledge of data analytics tools such as PowerBI, Python, Matlab and SQL
- Interest in data analysis and willingness to learn
This employment may require security clearance by the Norwegian National Security Authority. For more information visit www.nsm.no.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Ålesund. Other Kongsberg Maritime locations may be considered for the right candidate.
Point of contact
Are Folkestad, Department Manager Opertional Insight, +47 465 01 250
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 35 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication