Ten startups have been selected from hundreds of applicants across 44 countries. Through a 13-week program, they will seek to accelerate their development as they tap into a global network of experts and resources from Equinor, KONGSBERG, Capgemini, and Techstars. The selected startups represent some of the most exciting ideas within the energy sector.
The companies are trying to increase safety at sea, improve oil production with a lower Co2 footprint and produce hydrogen more efficiently. And do wind turbines really need blades?
We believe working together with startups that push barriers within technology and innovation is fundamental to shape the future of energy. Following the success of our previous accelerator programmes, we are excited to have a new class of innovative startups to unlock opportunities within oil and gas, renewables and low-carbon solutions. I look forward to collaborate with the teams and create value
‘Norway has a world-class energy-technology industry and is recognised as a true global energy hub. It is the ideal place to engage with subject matter experts if you are working on disruptive solutions within energy in a broad context,
This year the accelerator will be held digitally. Over one hundred mentors will contribute with experience and the opportunity to create networks. The program starts on 15 February and finishes on 11 May with a Demo Day. Here, the startups will present their solutions to Equinor, the partners, and other potential investors.
If industry players, from large to small, cooperate and nourish each other’s experience and technology, it will be substantially easier to solve the challenges faced by the energy industry. Through Techstars we can share our knowledge and experience alongside ambitious entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs who have identified new opportunities and use their unique skill set to tackle major challenges
At Capgemini Invent we are passionate about bringing to life what’s next. We are very excited to work closely with and learn from these fantastic startups. The Equinor & Techstars Energy Accelerator gives us the opportunity to develop new ideas that can change the industry through new innovations, technology and more sustainable solutions
The startups selected for Equinor & Techstars Energy Accelerator 2021 are:
- Cnergreen, Canada - Enhanced oil recovery and CO2 storage efficiency via resilient nanoparticle-based foam technology
- Dimeq, Norway - No more lives lost at sea with nextgen IoT
- Ecolectro, US - Solving the high cost of renewable hydrogen by using alkaline exchange materials to replace precious metals
- f3nice, Italy - Circular economy for additive manufacturing
- FalconX, Canada - An economic solution for reusing & recycling produced and flow back water at the well site
- Geolumina, US - Intuitive AI with geologic insight
- Hyperion Global Energy, US - An all-in-one, drop-in carbon capture and conversion unit designed for breakthrough industrial scale
- Ocean Access, Norway - Increased operational autonomy and reliability for remote ocean & subsea monitoring
- RZX Technologia, Brazil - Minimizing human error in industry
- Vortex Bladeless, Spain - Harnessing wind energy without blades; reducing the cost of electricity