Analysis of influence of wind, current and waves
Estimation of environmental loads are important when designing vessels having manouvering and operational criterions.
Wind and current forces
- CFD is used to calculate environmental loads from wind and current.
- Detailed geometries are solved by efficient geometry handling, meshing and CFD procedures and reliable results could be achieved within a few hours.
- Insights into thruster losses, shallow water effects and hull to hull interactions.
Wave forces and wave induced vessel motions
- Linear potential theory codes are used to calculate wave forces and vessel motions.
- Results can be used for vessel response, seakeeping and station keeping / DP analysis