EK80 is a high-precision scientific echo sounder and ADCP system designed to quantify and monitor underwater ecosystems. The EK80 is a modular system capable of operating several different transceiver and transducer combinations, all through the same operator station.
Based on more than 60 years of research and development in close collaboration with leading marine scientists, this wide band echo sounder system has succeeded the famous EK60, which became an international standard for fish stock assessment. The EK80 is now a wideband system with an operational range from 10 kHz to 500 kHz. The extreme range resolution and improved target characterization allow for a wide range of oceanographic applications.
A wide selection of high-quality accurate surface- and depth transceivers and transducers are available for a flexible system, capable of integration on sensor platforms from small to large.
Real-time echo integration and target strength analysis in an unlimited number of layers are provided as well as storage of raw data for replay or analysis in one of several post-processing software packages. Several post-processing alternatives are available for rapid survey analysis and reporting.
(A) Top bar gives you fast access to key functionality and navigational information.
(B) Replay bar allows you to retrieve saved files and control the playback.
(C) Echogram views
(D) Information panes provide additional and detailed data from the EK80 presentation.
(E) Main menu system
(F) Secondary menus
(G) Bottom bar
- High dynamic range
- Raw data recording
- High ping rate
- Multifrequency application for species identification
- Simultaneous transmission of all frequencies
- Several frequencies covering the same sampling volume
- Wideband frequency sweep ("chirp") in combination with advanced signal processing gives an exceptionally good signal to noise ratio and range resolution
- Echo sounder calibration module included
- Remote control via web interface
- Store and reload personal settings
- Network interface for raw data recording
- Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (ADCP) functionality
- License-free software for replay purposes
- Ocean Observatories
- Fish migration studies
- Long-term biological studies
- Improved fish stock assessment
- Oceanographical studies
- Water column profiling
A set of data files in the EK80 .raw format can be downloaded for tests and training. The files are provided in ZIP format, and each contains a selection of example files. Note that each file is rather big.
Услуги и поддержка
24/7 Technical support
Our 24/7 technical support team is there to help at any time, day or night, wherever your vessel is.
CONVERSIONS, RETROFIT AND REFIT
We understand the importance of having the right parts, available in the right place, at the right time.
Ensure that your crew is properly and thoroughly trained. This will reduce operational risk, downtime and maximise return on asset investment.