Do you want to work with products leading the digitalization efforts in offshore energy and maritime industry?
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Project Engineer. You will be working in our in our department for Advanced Marine Operations department. Our core team include 10 persons working closely together online and in office with all aspects from tendering to project execution, offshore installation and operational support. In a typical delivery project we perform engineering and design, and we work closely with our sub suppliers for delivering hardware. As a project engineer you will become an integral part of the team, and you should have a technical mindset as-well as being eager to learn from our industry experts.
We offer vessel onboard advisory systems to our clients helping them conduct safer and greener operations. To enable this, we deliver software applications for topside and onshore use, and a range of sensors and instrumentation hardware both topside and subsea. As part of our team, you will contribute to build next-generation digital solutions to support our extensive product portfolio for and together with our clients.
Who are you
You are a proactive person with a sociable and positive attitude. You are able to find creative and efficient ways to solve difficult tasks, and you collaborate well with others. You like to play with networks, hardware, and electronics. You enjoy sharing your knowledge, experience, and you eagerly support others in the pursuit of team goals
Main work tasks:
- System engineering and design of technical solutions
- Configuration and setup of sensor and computer systems
- Prepare engineering documentation e.g., procedures, reports, drawings
- Follow-up suppliers and participate in supplier testing
- Offshore installation work for project deliveries
- Learn how KONGSBERGs digital products work
- We have customers all over the world so good opportunities for travelling
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor or Master Engineer, preferably within Computer Science, Marine, Mechanical, Electrical or Cybernetics.
- Practical experience and interested in hands on design, assembly and test work in our in-house lab at Lysaker
- Experience with electronics and data communication
- Manage English fluently
You are able to:
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
- be aware of own strengths and limitations and pursue learning and career development opportunities
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration. We have offices in Houston and Rio de Janeiro.
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Professional and personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- We offer the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future
- We offer flexible working hours & hybrid working arrangement
- To take part in the green shift for the ocean space
We are located in new office location at Lysaker Torg 35, Oslo. We have a free on-site gym in addition to free car- and bike parking.
Point of contact
Torleif Torjussen, phone: +47 92 08 68 10
Kongsberg Maritime is at the forefront of technology and innovation within the Maritime and Oil & Gas sector with systems on more than 30,000 vessels and more than 8,000 employees in 120 offices in 34 countries around the world. We have created an integrated portfolio of systems and services for businesses, partners and nations operating from the depths of the sea; to outer space; to the digital frontier.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication