For our Deck Machinery & Motion Control business in Kongsberg Maritime we are looking for a Lifecycle Engineer – Deck Machinery to join our team. In this role your main responsibility will be to develop and communicate lifecycle and maintenance strategies for our products.
Through analysis of failure modes and operational data you will develop maintenance strategies for our products and associated spare part kits. You will provide maintenance instructions which helps our customers maintain low lifecycle costs and secure high availability of their assets. The role will also work closely with sales on new innovative service models which enable new ways of delivering support on our products. This work will normally be carried out together with our technical departments, service engineers and our sales team. Methods such as FMECA and RAM analysis will typically be core to the work.
- Develop maintenance plans for our products which reduces lifecycle costs for our customers and secures high availability of their assets.
- Develop new spare part kits and associated packaging, instructions and data sheets.
- Develop cost calculations and support sales with technical sales documentation for Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) and Performance offerings.
- Identification of failure modes, and analysis of service history.
- Develop documentation to communicate our recommendations to our customers.
- Document this work in our PLM system.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree within engineering, but relevant experience can compensate for formal education.
- Experience with Teamcenter or other PLM tools is an advantage, but not required.
- Experience with NX, Autocad or other CAD tools is an advantage, but not required.
- Experience with ReliaSoft or other tools for reliability and maintainability analysis is an advantage, but not required.
- Interest in the Maritime industry.
- Strong in both written and verbal English.
You are able to
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve set goals
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- analyze complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Brattvaag, Aalesund, Hagavik or Hjorungavaag
Point of contact
Bjørn Viktor Giske +47 95218719
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication